Friday, August 15, 2014

Refusing To Fall

I clung to your side so nervously
Hiding with my new friend

I didn't know just what to do
And so I followed you to the golden end

Through days and night and laughter bright
We shared our time at peace

But now that everything has come and gone
We say goodbye as we burn this thing 

And now I'm back with a golden smile
And you're doing your thing for the first time in a while

I say hello and you respond with a hi
It's the first time in years and I'm back at your side

I'm different now, older, mature
I can take care of myself and don't need you anymore

You're still the same, deep down, at least
Your appearance has changed but you're no Golden Fleece

I'm the leader now, in charge of it all
And when end comes to end, I will refuse to fall

No comments:

Post a Comment