Monday, August 19, 2013

Music

Vanilla Twilight Owl City Ocean Eyes 
"The stars lean down to kiss you/And I lie awake and miss you/Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere//The silence isn't so bad/Til I look at my hands and feel sad/Because the space between my fingers is right where yours fit perfectly/Oh darling I wish you were here..."
 These lyrics keep running through my head, even if it has been years since I last heard them. It's funny how something that seems so simple one day can mean so much the next, even if you aren't sure why.

 Move Along All-American Rejects Move Along 
"All you gotta keep is strong/Move along, move along like I know you do//When everything is going wrong/Move along, move along like I need you to..."
Some days, this song is my theme, when others I forget why it ever mattered. I wish more of those days would happen.

 Palm Tress or Lost Souls Joe Brooks The Boy and the Broken Machine 
"...There's no in between here/You either whisper or you scream here/And when you say you feel at home you know/Yore missing someone somewhere else//This is the place where I've fallen..."
I miss my mom. I miss the carnival. I miss being close with my mom. I miss coming home every day and practicing with Tarot cards as we ate canned soup. I miss her gentle yet overwhelming smell of jasmine and vanilla. I miss seeing her Madame Beveria costume and helping her do the extravagant hair styles she wore. I miss the carnie life and I would give almost anything to get it back. 

Come Home OneRepublic Dreaming Out Loud
"Hello world, hope you're listening/Forgive me if I'm young/For speaking out of turn//There's someone I've been missing/And I think they could be/The better half of me//They're in the wrong place trying to make it right/And I'm tired of justifying..."
I could continue with that whole song. I want that special person to come home. Whoever you are, wherever you are, please come home. I miss you, I need you, and I know I could be my best for you. I'm begging you, come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment